There are many fitness trends in Hong Kong today. Some are new while some have been around for quite some time. Despite the fleeting trends, classes for Pilates in Hong Kong remain as one of the most popular.
Many working professionals, especially those who have started experiencing the cumulative effects of sitting in front of a computer all day, have found cure through Pilates. This particular type of exercise can relieve many of today’s working woes: pain in the lower back, stiffness in the neck and tightness in the shoulders. If you’re new to Pilates, here are some of the benefits you can enjoy from this fitness routine and why it is so popular in Hong Kong.
- It improves flexibility. A 2011 article published in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation showed that Pilates can increase the body’s dynamic balance, improve flexibility and enhance muscular endurance.
- It strengthens your core. Pilates is designed to help develop a stronger “core,” which is the center of your body. Having a strong core enables you to improve physical performance and posture. It also prevents lower back pain.
- It helps develop long, lean muscles. While weightlifting builds short, bulky muscles, Pilates helps you build muscles that are longer and leaner. Pilates also improves joint flexibility and muscle elasticity.
- It helps prevent injuries. Pilates helps you build a well-balanced, stronger and more flexible body. The culmination of all Pilates benefits helps you prevent physical injuries.
- It is great for runners. Pilates also improve one’s balance, breathing and mobility, which all support running. Pilates can be a good low-impact routine to complement your other sports activities.
- It’s gentle. Compared to CrossFit, MMA and other more rigorous forms of exercise, Pilates is gentle to the body. The majority of the exercises involved in Pilates are done in sitting or reclining positions. It is so gentle that Pilates is even used in many physical rehabilitation programs.
- You can modify it. Various modifications offer people more challenge when doing Pilates. This is great for people who are just starting their own fitness journey as well as for those who are looking to up the ante in their exercise routines.
Join A Pilates Class Today
Pilates is a gentle as well as challenging routine you can try at any point in your fitness journey. There are various classes for Pilates in Hong Kong that you can join regardless of your level of physical fitness. Join one today and start working on the body that is not only fit but also strong.
If you are planning to sign up for a gym membership in Hong Kong, there are certain factors that you need to take into account. Here are some of the questions you need to ask yourself before you join a gym:
1) Do you really have the time to work out in a gym? A gym membership is a sizable investment. A lot of people sign up and pay the membership fees only to realize that they have very little time to spend at the gym. This could be due to school-work or job constraints. So you need to ask yourself: do I have at least an hour everyday to spend at the gym?
2) How accessible is the gym? The gym should be as close as possible to your home or workplace. Most working professionals these days work out in the afternoon or early evening after they get off work. This is why it’s important that the gym is in close proximity to your home or job location.
3) What kind of workouts can you do in the gym? The answer to this question will depend on the equipment that the gym has. That said, it’s important that you personally visit the gym and look at the equipment. While you are there, try to observe if there are trainers or staff members providing assistance to clients.
4) Does the gym offer membership privileges? Basically, you want to know the perks of joining a particular gym which you can’t find in other gyms. For instance, the gym may be associated with a fitness store where you can purchase products at a discounted price if you are a gym member. Or the gym has a rewards program wherein you can avail of gift cards or discounted membership fees.
Hong Kong is home to dozens of fitness gyms. It can be a bit frustrating trying to find the one that’s appropriate for you. However, if you keep in mind and apply the practical tips discussed above, the selection process shouldn’t be that difficult.
Pilates is one of the best methods to sculpt long and lean muscles, develop core strength, and improve composure. However, it is currently dominated by women. This is because most Pilates training programs tend to target women more than men. Some men who want to try different approaches to sculpt their body usually try to stay away from Pilates as much as possible due to their lack of proper understanding about this particular exercise. However, as girly as Pilates may seem to most men, it provides tremendous benefits not only to the body but also mind.
If you want to try Pilates in Hong Kong but are afraid to try it, here are some major benefits that will surely change your mind:
- Trains muscles that are usually neglected. Some muscles that are normally dominated by your movements are stronger than the others. One of the main goals of Pilates is to train those muscles that don’t get plenty of attention. This is also similar to mat training, which works out muscles that don’t move during lifting.
- Improves flexibility. You get less flexibility if you have more muscles in your body. Pilates is focused on stretching, which can help you avoid muscle strains and injuries. Moreover, it can help you achieve increased range of motion.
- Builds core strength. Every exercise is designed to train movements of your limbs. Pilates also focuses on your transverse abdominals which is located at the back of your abs.
- It rebuilds your determination attitude. Pilates exercise will force you to focus your mind. It makes you pay attention to your breathing while performing different poses and forms. It also provides a relaxing effect which can be carried over the next day.
- Improves sexual performance. Who wouldn’t want to perform great in bed? Because it improves your core power and shapes important muscles that work during sex, your performance would definitely improve greatly.
Because Pilates is more popular to women, most men tend to ignore it. While there are many benefits to reap from Pilates in Hong Kong, you have to understand that this is the same as doing any other kind of exercise. You need dedication and consistency in every exercise in order to enjoy its advantages. Don’t forget to eat a healthy and balanced diet in order to bring out your fullest potential while doing the exercise.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
If you are thinking about jumping on the yoga bandwagon, but aren’t sure where to start, the idea of even setting foot inside a yoga studio may make you feel nervous as opposed to relaxed. But with a little planning and insider know-how, it’s possible to make it through your first yoga class like a pro.
Rule Number One
Instructors are always happy to see new faces in their classes. To get the ball rolling, introduce yourself to your new instructor and tell them about any concerns you may have as a newbie to yoga. Afterwards, try to relax, go with the flow and enjoy your first class.
One thing to keep in mind is that to feel comfortable in class, you need to blend in and follow along with your instructor and other classmates. Take a look below for a few tried and true tips to help you master the world of yoga.
Keep it Simple
Now that you’ve decided to try yoga, keep the good vibes going and don’t run out and spend tons of cash on expensive workout gear. One to two simple outfits are sufficient. Buy pieces that are comfortable and permit you to move freely. But remember, don’t buy them too baggy or they will interfere with your down dog position. Form-fitting pieces also allow your instructor to see you perfect your form and alignment.
Making a Choice
Although you have the desire, you might not have the basics down to jump into an advanced yoga class. Sure, yoga looks easy, but it takes time to build up to the level of a true yogi. Choose classes that are beginner specific so you can learn the ropes without causing injury. Most yoga fitness studios offer a wide array of classes during the week-maybe even possibly different types of yoga. Reach out to an instructor so you can make the right choice.
Be a Detective
Be resourceful and take a look online. There are many different types of yoga to choose from, so take the time to research them and then go with what you think it most interesting.
Everyone’s needs and fitness levels are different, don’t feel embarrassed if you can’t keep up at first. AS with any form of exercise, it takes time to build up your endurance and perfect your moves. Take things slow and let the good vibes come your way.