Pilates is one of the best methods to sculpt long and lean muscles, develop core strength, and improve composure. However, it is currently dominated by women. This is because most Pilates training programs tend to target women more than men. Some men who want to try different approaches to sculpt their body usually try to stay away from Pilates as much as possible due to their lack of proper understanding about this particular exercise. However, as girly as Pilates may seem to most men, it provides tremendous benefits not only to the body but also mind.
If you want to try Pilates in Hong Kong but are afraid to try it, here are some major benefits that will surely change your mind:
- Trains muscles that are usually neglected. Some muscles that are normally dominated by your movements are stronger than the others. One of the main goals of Pilates is to train those muscles that don’t get plenty of attention. This is also similar to mat training, which works out muscles that don’t move during lifting.
- Improves flexibility. You get less flexibility if you have more muscles in your body. Pilates is focused on stretching, which can help you avoid muscle strains and injuries. Moreover, it can help you achieve increased range of motion.
- Builds core strength. Every exercise is designed to train movements of your limbs. Pilates also focuses on your transverse abdominals which is located at the back of your abs.
- It rebuilds your determination attitude. Pilates exercise will force you to focus your mind. It makes you pay attention to your breathing while performing different poses and forms. It also provides a relaxing effect which can be carried over the next day.
- Improves sexual performance. Who wouldn’t want to perform great in bed? Because it improves your core power and shapes important muscles that work during sex, your performance would definitely improve greatly.
Because Pilates is more popular to women, most men tend to ignore it. While there are many benefits to reap from Pilates in Hong Kong, you have to understand that this is the same as doing any other kind of exercise. You need dedication and consistency in every exercise in order to enjoy its advantages. Don’t forget to eat a healthy and balanced diet in order to bring out your fullest potential while doing the exercise.